× This site is closed for registration.
2017 North Carolina Azalea Festival Boxing Applications
April 07-09, 2017
2017 North Carolina Azalea Festival's
39th Annual Boxing Tournament
Friday April 7, 2017 - Sunday April 9, 2017
Special Guest: 2017 North Carolina Azalea Festival Queen
North Carolina Azalea Festival Boxing Tournament
Sanction: 2017 North Carolina Azalea Festival Boxing Tournament is held under the sanction of North Carolina USA Boxing Inc.
Date: April 7 - 9, 2017
Host City, State: Wilmington, North Carolina
Hotel & Registration: Budgetal Inn 7903 Market Street. Wilmington, NC 28403. Rate: $59.99 until April 7, 2017. (Need to mention Boxing Rate)
Venue: City of Wilmington, NC Convention Center 515 Nutt Street Wilmington, NC 28401
Contact Person: Coach Andre Thompson, Cell: 910.622.5382, Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristen McKnight Phone: 910.890.2312, Email: email@example.com or Cassandra Barba 630-373-2865: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Procedure: Must Pre-register on line at the North Carolina Azalea Festival Website, www.ncazaleafestival.org $10.00 registration until April 6, 2017. Day of event registration $20.00.
Entry Deadline: April 6, 2017. All applications & rosters must be turned in by April 6, 2017
Online Registration: Through the North Carolina Azalea Festival website, This will close April 6, 2017. Also the USA Boxing Website and NC USA Boxing Website.
Walk in/Paper Registration: $20 Entry Fee. April 7, 6pm-9pm. Need to be early enough to be in draw.
Check in Travel and registration: Friday April 7, 6pm-9pm at Budgetal Inn 4903 Market Street
Physical:4-6pm Friday Night
Weigh-ins: 6pm-9pm Friday Night (No Weight-ins on Saturday), Physcial: 4-7pm Friday night,
Drawing: 9pm after registration
Boxing Start Time: Saturday 2:00pm & Sunday 2:00pm
Weigh-In: Sunday 8:00am at Hotel
NO registration on Saturday or Sunday, Boxers need Passbook on Friday to weigh in. Boxers need Physical Form attach to passbook.
Classification of Boxer:
Novice: Less than 10 Bouts
Open: More than 10 Bouts (Boxer can box in the open division with five bouts,)
Men: Age 17-18 & 19-40: 108,114,123,132,141,152,165,178,201,201+ (Three 3 minute rounds)
Women: Age 17-18 & 19-40: 106,112,119,125,132,141,152,165,178,178+ (Three 3 minute rounds)
Youth: Age 15-16: 106,110,114,119,125,132,138,145,154,165,165,+ (Can not turn 17 this year)
Intermediate Boys & Girls:
Age 13-14: 101,106,110,114,119,125,132,138,145,154,165,176,176+ (Born 2003-2004) Can't turn 15 this year!
Age 11-12: 60,65,70,75,80,85,90,95.101.106,110,114,119,125,132,138,145,154 (Born 2005--2006) Can't turn 13 this year
Age 9-10: 50,65,70,75,80,85,90,95,101106,110,114,119,125,132,138,145,154 (Born 2007)
Age 8. 50-140 Must be 8 yrs old by April 8, 2017
Master Division: 41-UP: 101-108,114,123,132,141,152,165,178,201,201+
- All athletes & coaches must have passbook for boxers & red book for coaches with 2017 sticker and physical.
- Boxer must go online to preregister before April 7. $10 Fee.
- If Boxer misses online registration can do walk in on Friday with $20 Fee.
- Boxer & Clubs must also call, email, & text boxer's roster in to Coach Andre Thompson 910-622-5382 or email email@example.com for confirmation.
- Must commit to weight on Friday Night Registration.
- All boxers will Weigh-in on Friday night.
- Boxers must commit to one (1) weight class at tournament registration (Check in) Weights are final.
- No weight allowance. All boxers must be on weight!
- Registration & Weigh-in will be from 6pm-9pm on Friday night..
- Awards will be giving out on Sunday with exception some awards will be given out on Saturday.
- Scales will close promptly at 9pm.
- Age determination is based on the boxer’s age as of December 31, 2017 and date of birth.
- You must provide your own Headgear, Cup, Mouthpiece & Equipment for Boxer and Corner.
- Championship Belts will go to 1st place Winner and medals or trophies will go to runner up.
- All Boxers must have passbook & up-to-date 2017 Sticker.
- NC Boxers & Coaches need to be current register before April 7, 2017.
- Please print reciept page and confirmation number.
- All Boxers must be currently registered with USA Boxing.
- NC Registration Chair Linda Williams will not be there for registration.
- All Coaches, Clubs, & Boxers must call, text, or email Coach Andre Thompson to confirm boxer roster has been turned in.
- Coaches and Clubs can now register their boxers under one group.
- All Coaches must have Red Book! Passbook must show up to date clinic or pass clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to be a USA registered boxer? Yes! All Boxers must have a USA Boxing Passbook & current license.
- Do coaches have to be license? Yes! All coaches must have a current up-to-date license.
- Does the boxer have to be on weight? Yes! No weight allowances.
- Will there be a trial scale? Yes.
- Do all male boxers need to be clean shaven? Yes! Mustache and other facial hair off.
- Can more than two boxers from the same state be in the same weight division? Yes.
- Do boxers need to commit to weight on Friday night? Yes.
- Will weigh-ins be from 6pm-9pm on Friday night? Yes.
- Will brackets be posted after draw? Yes.
- How many boxers to a hotel room? They can have four boxers to a room.
- Will there be a curfew? Yes, there will be a 10pm curfew.
- Does headgear need to be used for all bouts? Yes.
- Do boxers have to weigh-in on Friday? Yes.
- Do boxers have to weigh-in on Sunday? Yes.
- Women 17-40: 3 Rds 3 Minutes